View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 06:19 AM   #66
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Offseason starts now: A Redskins players thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Still hoping for some kind of news on the FO/coaching staff front, but in the meanwhile I'll try to have a bit of fun looking at this roster:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins/

Cutting McGee post June 1st would save 3M, cutting VD would save nearly 4M. Other than that (and bottom of the roster cuts), I don't see any obvious cut.
I try to restructure Norman's deal and extend Brandon Scherff.

EDIT: OTC has a calculator tool, quite fun.
We currently have a 23M cap space for 2019, that's 25th in the league, but it's not cap hell.
Cut McGee, VD, Catalina (because he sucks), and Jessu Chesson (because why not?) and all of the sudden you have 31M available.
And that's with Brandon Scherff's 12.5M option year, so extend him (and keep in mind this FO has done a good job of structuring contracts in order to save cap in early years), restructure Norman's deal, make a couple other low key moves and you could be looking at around 40M of available cap space.
Agree, even with Bruce’s latest albatross Alex Smith...if we make a couple rational moves we should have the cap space to bring in some guys. I agree with what you have said.

But with McGee hear me out...first I was against the move when it was made preferring to put that money towards calis Campbell and it’s proven to be a bad decision. BUT...if we bring in a d coordinator who goes base 4-3 then we would move back to scheme where McGee excelled with the Raiders. I think he would be more valuable and we could retain rotational depth. Going forward our strategy should be keep the trenches stacked...our front office negligence with interior Oline has sunk this team for several years.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04084 seconds with 10 queries