View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #45
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Giants Pre Game Thread (Version1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The only way the Giants win is if we beat ourselves.

If we play the run tough as we have all year and don’t turn it over, it will be next to impossible for the Giants to win.

It might not be pretty but honestly who cares. If you’re worried about style points this year it’s time to find a new team.
They're going to look to get the ball out of Eli's hands quickly because they know our pass rush is decent. So we'll have to swarm to the ball and tackle well. The one concern I have is letting Beckham or Saquon have any space to breathe after they catch the ball - if they have some open space to work with they'll take it to the house.

So my plan would be to make Eli have to beat you deep, meaning make their line block you long enough to throw downfield. I doubt they can do it. So I'd bring DJ up towards the line quite a bit and let the corners play up on the line. When they try those little quick bubble screens to Beckham you have to be there to hit him immediately.

If they want to try 7 step drops behind that line with statue Eli back there, I'll take my chances with Montae in single high. Chances are our pass rush will disrupt Manning often enough.

I think you're right, I think the Skins know that the Giants will try to get the ball out of Eli's hands quickly. They'll have a plan to squash any possibility of Beckham or Saquon having space to work with.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06558 seconds with 10 queries