View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 11:51 AM   #29
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
As Shneed said, last 2 games we went up against poor secondaries and his first read was open. Thats not a bad thing, its a good thing that he can take what is given but I do want to see how he responds when the NFL has film on him and is taking a week to prepare for him. What doe she do when read 1 is covered? What does he do when D shows read 1 will be open but then like a DE drops back into zone unexpectedly right into the area he wanted to put the ball?

I was happy to see he was able to take a 3 step drop and get the ball out on time and accurate. That first half against the Giants, he was releasing the ball before the WR broke and that is a big indicator to me. He doesnt need to see the guy win at the top of his route stem before throwing it, he can trust his read and WR to win the battle and be at the spot he should be at.

I cant say whether he will be a star, a starter or a dud until after at least 16 games or so. I need to see how he plays when things arent easy for him. I need to see if he can adjust to the leagues adjustment to him bc right now, the league hasnt adjusted to him. They havent game planned for him. But they will next year.

Decent game against the Eagles and a good half against the Giants doesnt tell me a lot honestly.
The problem is that is all you have to grade him on for next year. Either you make the decision he is your starting quarterback going forward or he isn't.

I've seen enough improvement from his last two starts compared to his first two starts to say yes, I am comfortable building around him for the next 3-5 years.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.28120 seconds with 10 queries