View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #28
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
They added Chase Young who will be in the Good to Great category, as long as he stays healthy. We’ll have to see how he transitions to the pros but based on his press conference ( see above) he’s smart, knows he’s got a lot to learn, is mature and he will be an intelligent player, if not a physical beast.

However, the biggest change this year for the defense (and offense) will be adding Del Rio and Rivera. Del Rio has brought defenses from the worst to the top 5. He coached and taught Julian Pepper, so he knows how to maximize a great player (IF Chase has that much talent and stays healthy). Rivera has done the same - bringing up defenses from the dregs to the top. Rivera is also a motivational coach and I think this team will have a positive outlook and winning attitude that it hasn’t had since Shanahan was here.

So yeah, most fans will want to see the team improve before they come back to the fold. Except for the one RG3 rookie year, this team has sucked for two decades. But I honestly think change is coming. The coaches are all very good. Kyle Smith, if he becomes the GM, has real talent at finding talented players.

PLAYERS - McLAURIN is excellent to outstanding and may be the best offensive player in the team. SIMS, Jr is good and could become even better this year -both will improve this season. I know most people will call me too optimistic, but I think HASKINS is going to breakout this season. AP and GUICE are going to be a good running pair if Guice could stay healthy. If Guice gets hurt, I think GIBSON ( our second draft pick) will take his place and do well. CHARLES will get a lot of attention from the coaches to keep him on the straight and narrow, as well coaching him up. I think he will do ok as a replacement for Trent. The rest of the OL will be good except for Moses.

Finally, with the $35 mill in cap money they have right now( second highest in the NFL), Kyle and Rivera will be able to pick up players dumped by their teams during TC. The team can get some new players it needs at TE, CB and maybe OT in one year, cheap, “show me” contracts. The team could get quality players for depth or even starters, who are desperate to stay in the NFL, in inexpensive deals. Kyle Smith’s job looking for good players from the UDFA and fired players in TC will help us fill holes.

BL - this is a team on the way up. Dan Snyder is not part of the team decisions. The team will only be average this season but within two seasons we will be a contender. Not just in the Spring, not “off the field” but during the regular season.
The Redskins are coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What flavor are you drinking? Pass me some please. I like fruit punch.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04658 seconds with 10 queries