View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 12:35 PM   #40
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Alex Smith’s Amazing Comeback(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I can't believe they didn't have to amputate. And definitely not surprised it got an infection.

Alex Smith is related to Chuck Norris. Has to be. Tough SOB.
IIRC from the days / weeks following his initial injury and rounds of surgery, they did recommend to Alex that they amputate it as he began to start getting sick from the infection, etc... But they left it up to him, and he decided to go down the much more difficult road of all of the surgeries and work involved to try and save his leg. Alex chose to go the tough road. Respect to him for that.

Looking at that picture now, and especially what his leg looks like even today a year and a half after surgery, I now throw my hat in the ring of there is no way he ever plays again.

I watched the little clip from Jimmy Traina's twitter. Alex's leg is disfigured, not just from scars, the bones are no longer straight, they actually look wavy and he has a huge lump / mass of some kind above his ankle. I was taken aback by the color of the skin of his leg. I will warn all, the pictures and video should not be watched by anyone who is squeamish. This man has been through pure hell, as others have said, it looks like a recovered combat injury....

Advertisements

Page generated in 1.44851 seconds with 10 queries