View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #440
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm fine with those expectations but the closer we get to football season with no progress on coronavirus the more I worry about postpones/cancellations.
Yeah ... it could go many different ways at this point. Not to always be posting "I heard galdi say on the radio .. " but he and doc we talking the restart. I, like always, got in the car half way though so I dont know the report/context but a couple of things ..

- Teams may travel on game day if it allows. So skins would travel to Philly, Pitts, NY etc on game day. To avoid the hassle of trying to secure and clean hotel rooms.

- They mentioned possibly pushing kickoff back from 1 pm to allow teams to pull this off better ... if there are no fans in stands.

- Steelers for some reason they said may have fans in stands even if other teams wouldnt. I do not know the context for that comment. I guess its hot spots vs cold spots. I think there will need to be a uniform policy league wide though. Competitive balance.

----------

NHL was looking at Florida or Vegas as the 2 hub cities for their games ... but now are looking to Canada, given Florida and Vegas being hot spots. That doesnt give them much time. I wonder if the NHL timeline may be pushed back.

--------------

MLS is currently playing in the bubble in Florida that the NBA is set to use.

^^ they say this costs $65 per meal ... NBA players are not having that. Literally and figuratively.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06808 seconds with 10 queries