View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Anyone been to a game in the New Orleans Superdome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
Truly laughable! I KNOW you have never been to the Superdome or New Orleans for that matter. Anyway, back to the O.P., The tailgating scene is a good one, all around the Dome. I prefer to meet up with friends around the Rampart-Julia parking lots. Normal tailgating activities, (drinks, food, cornhole, tossing the pigskin), with some New Orleans flare, (food, drinks, music-quite often live). You really can't go wrong, whether you pre-game in a bar or restaurant or head to the Dome for tailgating. Another thing to remember is it is a Noon game, so that tends to be a little less wild than a later or night game. The atmosphere is generally pretty friendly, unless you piss off the wrong people, which is pretty common at any venue. As far as weak fan base goes... I have been to at least 5 NFL venues RFK, FED EX, The Superdome, Candlestick, Veterans stadium, and plenty of college and other pro sport stadiums, and NONE OF THEM stands up to the Dome in terms of vocal support (volume), and fan turn out. The fans are die hard, and to be perfectly honest, I was disgusted at the turnout of Redskins fans the last 2 games I have attended at Fed Ex after having been a Saints season ticket holder the last 6 years, and going from the Dome to Fed Ex, I was appalled that at both last years 49ers game, and the Giants game, half of the attendees were for the other team!!! You will never find that the case in the Superdome.
Yeah I agree....they have some pretty hard core fans down there. Great NFL city.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07004 seconds with 10 queries