View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #51
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I personally like the RED TAILS, because they have a great story and they were in the Army Air Corps in WWII. However, many people have never heard of the Tuskegee Airmen. I actually was in a USAF unit in Iraq, called the 332 Air Expeditionary Wing. They called themselves the Red Tails ( which what that unit did to all their airplanes in WWII - they painted there vertical stabilizer Red, so it could be easily recognized). When Air Force units are deployed to combat locations, the unit they go to is the same number and name of a FAMOUS Air Force unit.

BUT, I think Snyder is going with the Native American theme. The problem with WARRIORS or BRAVES is that name is used by a team in another sport. That includes the Generals - a team that loses to the Harlem Globetrotters.

I think he will go for a real Native American tribe. There are HUNDREDS of tribes to choose from, so I think it will be a FAMOUS and well-known tribe. That gets you down to a much smaller list:

CHEYENNE
APACHE
SIOUX
NAVAHO
COMMANCHE
CREEK
MOHAWK

There are no major sports teams with any of these tribes.

I believe it will be one of these tribes. Not Red Tails, not Generals, not Red Hawks, not Warriors or Braves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Washington Mohawk is so bad ass
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04529 seconds with 10 queries