View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Bleacher Report Interview with GMSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I love this quote re: Scherff:

He's not the most flashy guy, he's not the prettiest guy, but he's a football player, and that's what I'm talking about with a red. Now, he might be a blue in two years, three years. Who knows? But right now, he's a red. He's a core guy, and, all of sudden, guys walk in next year and see him, they'll be like, "OK, that's how we act. That's how we lift weights. That's how we condition. That's how we go to meetings. That's how we practice." Guys walk in, and they're scared of him. Trent Williams is scared of him, and he's a Pro Bowler. Trent said, "I don't want to mess with that guy." And [Scherff] is a rookie, but that's what starts building a culture. He's a red. You wait and see who we take at 21 in the draft this year. He's a red.
Yes.
He is trying to build a solid team. That is all.
Not sell tickets with big name flashy players or win a popularity contests. That is why he gets it.
If you build a solid team and win games the rest - selling tickets and popularity will take care of itself. Just win. Winning cures everything!
I hope all of our draft picks this year are all boring, but they all become solid football players.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03846 seconds with 10 queries