View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #92
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Time to Cut Doctson and Bring in Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
There is no chance of trading for Cooper, he is due close to $14 million in 2019

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-r...-cooper-16728/
That's the 5th year option that the Raiders exercised on his rookie contract. So yes if you acquired him you would owe him the $14M - unless you agreed to a deal with him in the process.

The way this would go is:

- you contact the Raiders and work out compensation for them. If you get to a point where you think you can give them a pick that they'd accept, then you'd move on to the next step

- The Raiders give Amari Cooper's agent permission to discuss contract terms with the Redskins and the Redskins only

- The Redskins and Amari Cooper's agent discuss a contract extension such that the cap hit in 2019 won't be the $14M, it would be lower due to the structure. If terms could be reached that are acceptable to both Redskins and Cooper, then all three parties would be seemingly happy and the trade would be consummated.

All that said, I don't think they should do this nor do I think they will. But I'm just saying the $14M cap hit in 2019 is not at all an obstacle. If we traded for him we would work out an extension first.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03620 seconds with 10 queries