View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 12:40 AM   #66
Warthog
The Starter

Panthers Postgame sadness

1. Dwayne Haskins is done with this team. The WFT will NOT get ANYTHING for Haskins. He will be put up for trade but no one will offer anything for him. Someone may pick up Dwayne FOR FREE, but I give it just as likely a possibility that NO ONE in the NFL will even offer him a job.

I don’t think Haskins realizes how huge a crater he has dug for himself. His horrible play, incredibly stupid off-the-field decisions and immaturity may mean his NFL career is over. This may sound drastic, but the NFL is giving players less and less time to show their abilities. After 2 years in the NFL, teams may want to save their spots for players with more DESIRE, MATURITY and ability.

2. Steve Sims JR is another player whose continued poor performance will get him released by the WFT. As with the QB position, the team will draft WR in 2021 or make trades for good or very good FA in WR for next year. The team doesn’t need to bring back a player who drops this many passes or makes costly fumbles. His punt returning skills are very below average and this is his second fumble on ST. His hands are made of stone. If Rivera/Kyle Smith had made any real effort this pre-season to get some FA at WR, STEVE Sims wouldn’t be on this team now. The WFT can’t afford to keep playing below average guys who are also turnover machines. Not with this lackluster offense.

3. Reavers had a terrible game, missing tackles and getting burned for a long pass.

4. I can’t understand why Turner gave up so easily on the running game. The team was averaging over 5 yds a run in the first two quarters, but then gave up on that to let Haskins continue to make poor passing plays. Do what the Panthers did to us on one scoring drive. Continue to run on every play UNTIL THEY CAN STOP YOU FROM DOING SO!

5. Why did Rivera keep playing Haskins until there was just 9 minutes left in the game? Why didn’t Rivera go for it on fourth down until the LAST QUARTER. The Panthers were going for it almost EVERY FOURTH DOWN? Why weren’t we doing the same? The Panthers were going for broke, we should have done the same once we got far behind.

I wonder if Rivera kept Haskins in to show Snyder he was giving Dwayne a full consideration????. A QB who has a QB rating BELOW 10 (max score is 154) and has 3 turnovers in the first half shouldn’t be starting the second half. Haskins was throwing balls too high, too low, behind receivers, was holding onto the ball too long and couldn’t sense the pass pressure. If Rivera had made the change at the start of the second half WE PROBABLY COULD HAVE WON!! Waiting until the 4th Qtr was just too late!!

If players are making continual, grievous plays you take them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 12-28-2020 at 03:33 AM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04739 seconds with 10 queries