View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 07:12 AM   #1525
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
You actually don't know what CRT is. I decided to post a source sympathetic to/supportive of CRT and bolded the areas that I raised in my previous post

This is an explanation from the American Bar Association
https://www.americanbar.org/groups/c...l-race-theory/

Principles of the CRT Practice
While recognizing the evolving and malleable nature of CRT, scholar Khiara Bridges outlines a few key tenets of CRT, including:

Recognition that race is not biologically real but is socially constructed and socially significant. It recognizes that science (as demonstrated in the Human Genome Project) refutes the idea of biological racial differences. According to scholars Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic, race is the product of social thought and is not connected to biological reality.

Acknowledgement that racism is a normal feature of society and is embedded within systems and institutions, like the legal system, that replicate racial inequality. This dismisses the idea that racist incidents are aberrations but instead are manifestations of structural and systemic racism.
Rejection of popular understandings about racism, such as arguments that confine racism to a few “bad apples.” CRT recognizes that racism is codified in law, embedded in structures, and woven into public policy.

CRT rejects claims of meritocracy or “colorblindness.” CRT recognizes that it is the systemic nature of racism that bears primary responsibility for reproducing racial inequality.

Recognition of the relevance of people’s everyday lives to scholarship. This includes embracing the lived experiences of people of color, including those preserved through storytelling, and rejecting deficit-informed research that excludes the epistemologies of people of color.....

.....CRT transcends a Black/white racial binary and recognizes that racism has impacted the experiences of various people of color, including Latinx, Native Americans, and Asian Americans. As a result, different branches, including LatCrit, TribalCrit, and AsianCRT have emerged from CRT. These different branches seek to examine specific experiences of oppression.

Yes you are correct. I have never done any research on CRT. The history. The intent. The spin the right puts on it. Nope. Never. Thank God you are here to set me on a path of knowledge and wisdom. I now see it from your perspective and am eternally grateful for your help.

All sarcasm aside, ive posted articles that retort every one of your points. Im not playing the circle game with politics anymore. Ill just beat myself in the head with a shoe in the morning and than go about my day.

Last edited by punch it in; 11-06-2021 at 08:43 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.11621 seconds with 10 queries