View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #2
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Fantasy Football 2016

Time to start making my tier rankings. Not talking targets since the only leagues I play are with fellow WP'ers.

What will be interesting to see in the drafts is:
(1) The effect of suspended players like Bell, Gordon and Brady on draft position. - Hard to make your number one pick a guy who is unavailable for enough games to make a difference as to whether you get into the playoffs. He'll be great in the later season, but is that enough? Gordon has even bigger questions.

(2) Round 1 WR's - Three or four years ago, and w/ one or two exceptions, the general rule was you picked a RB in round 1 because you need them and the good ones go fast. In the last few years, RB's at the top have been volatile and it seems like it is the exception, rather than the rule, that last year's top RB's will be this year's top RB's. On top of that, even in non-PPR leagues, the NFL has become so pass oriented that several WR's are sure fire R1 picks. In fact, A. Brown is the most common No. 1 pick I have seen. Other than the last year or two, and outside Megatron in his prime, I cant remember a WR being discussed as the No.1 pick. In the last few years, I have seen some very successful teams forgo a RB for the first 2-3 rounds. It's an interesting trend.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05170 seconds with 10 queries