View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 09:06 AM   #51
SkinzzFan
Special Teams

Re: If you could make 1 change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic View Post
By the way, and I am not saying you said this, I can support changing the name and still be a fan just like other fans can support keeping the name and not be racists. If fans of the team cant disagree on things and all still be fans, we're screwed.
I respect your opinion on the topic and I agree fans of the same team certainly can agree to disagree and still support the same team. I guess, for me, I've just never heard the word Redskins used in a disparaging manner (it probably has been, I've just never heard it used that way). When you add the fact that so many reservations across the country use Redskins as their mascot and are damn proud of it, I just don't see it being offensive (I certainly could be wrong).

When the team was named, I seriously doubt the owner wanted to name the team something that was based on bigotry. I think it was the exact opposite. I believe they viewed the name Redskins (and their logos throughout the history of the team) to be an honorable name and their logos a tribute to people they admired. I doubt the Falcons were named the Falcons because their original owner hated birds.

Either way, I want a victory this weekend over the Cowboys. I know we agree on that. HTTR!!!

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06315 seconds with 10 queries