Old 12-31-2019, 05:36 AM   #12
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Here’s a good article on the possibility of moving to 4-3

https://riggosrag.com/2019/12/30/rep...fense-in-2020/
Barring a blockbuster trade (how many of those happen any more?) and the Bungles being insane enough to pass on Burrow, it would be pretty hard to not take Young. In that case Kerrigan is trade bait, and as article says that gives us a 6 man situational rotation on DL; Sweat, Allen, Ioinnidis, Payne, Settle and Young. The DC & DL coaches should be salivating at the scheming that allows.

Given performance this season, I'd only draft an MLB for depth if he's BPA when we pick mid rounds. Needs in the secondary outweigh replacing serviceable LB's we already have.

Norman is gone or back on a reduced contract (unlikely). I'd say that means we need a 3rd or 4th rounder on CB. I'd look in FA for a new FS and have a 3 way competition for starter with them, MN and Apke; I agree Nicholson 'might' improve in a contract year but do you want a guy that only plays to potential then? Maybe Apke is now ready to step up?

On O, I'd say the only pressing need is OL and TE, with maybe the latter more important. Moses is not going to get better though, and if we trade TW, we need to replace both tackles, so I agree with looking at a TE in FA this year. Draft a top TE talent next year.

I agree with depth at RB just in case, but AP is still signed and RB by committee has worked in a number of places. If DB and BL are injury free next year, who knows.

6 picks (excluding trades), so I'd say Young, CB, OL, OL, LB, RB. If we can maybe get a 2nd/3rd & 3rd for TW and RK, then I'd go best CB or OL in 2nd then maybe pick up a TE or FS with the 'spare' pick.

FA is hard to predict this year as the only guys I'd go after are probably going to be resigned by their current teams, particularly OL. Maybe we get lucky and Hooper/Henry are available, which might solve our TE problem for a year or 2, feeing up a pick for another need.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 1.01789 seconds with 10 queries