View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 04:36 PM   #10
WillH
The Starter

Re: Redskins Bye week

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Good surprises: run blocking by our TE (and receivers), coverage by our ILBs, Tony Bergstrom playing well

Disappointments: Doctson still not delivering but I wasn't expecting much from him. Week 2 flatness.
Plus we're still running plays where Preston Smith and Kerrigan are dropping into coverage... serious question: what is the upside of it? I guess the opponent's OL can be deceived if they expect someone to come and he doesn't, but sometimes they drop in coverage and we're not blitzing so I don't see the point... if they're trying to deceive the QB I'd say it's not working... "oh the OLB is dropping into zone coverage... what shall I do? ... dump one to the wide open receiver in his zone? Seems smart... but maybe it's a trap?!"...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Harvey Clemmons came in for coverage on a number of clear passing situations for Zach Brown. Might be that they had them in coverage when Zach couldn't get off. May be a product of them trying to avoid 12 men on the field penalties. Which was part of the reason Payne and Allen played so much. Didn't see this, just a tought.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.20322 seconds with 10 queries