Thread: Fantasy Tips
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #18
backrow
The Starter

Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
So I'm playing fantasy football for the first time this year. Yeah, I know. Anyway, I need some tips and advice, because I know practically nothing about building a team, really how it all works, or how to draft players.

Umm...I guess one of the main things I want to know is how many Redskins, if any, I should bother with. I imagine it's hard not to draft players from your favorite team, although I suppose Chris Cooley and maybe Fred Davis wouldn't be bad players to pick.

I'm playing with a few Steelers and Bears fans, so obviously I want to kick their asses and take their money.

Thanks for your help.
12th!

1st year??? Dude, Really?? j/k!

Try your league stats page to guage:

1. Best point producer over all.

2. Best point producers at each position, QB, RB, WR, TE, K, and D.

3. Then, when player injuries are posted, and if one of them is one of your guys, usually first thing Monday, jump on the absolute best available player depending on who is hot! It may be a rook!

Unless you can drop-add on Sunday during games, but that may not be allowed in your team rules.

4. Keep track of best FA players to target just in case one of your guys goes down. Always have a back-up plan.

5. On Redskin players, others have already covered that. It depends on their expected statistical output.

6. On draft strategy, others have already covered that as well. I can add nothing.

It's a game of how you initially draft, who you start, and who you bench, injuries and how you manage them. Pay attention to weekly stats of FAs, and of course, the ball is funny shaped..........................

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04443 seconds with 10 queries