View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 01:49 PM   #37
Number44
Special Teams

Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Didn't hear them say anything at that point or see him struggling on the sideline. He only came out on the subsequent 3rd down sack and hadn't looked hurt to that point. Must have been toughing it out in between!

I really like him and want to see him back at least as #2, but his injury history is a worry, and popping your shoulder on an almost unopposed dive only reinforces that.
This is just plain wrong. When you play a sport that involves contact with other players and with the ground, there are times when a slight nudge can cause you to hit the ground differently than your body is naturally setting itself for. In basketball, I was forever turning my ankle either being bumped on the way down from a rebound, or my foot landing unexpectedly on someone's foot. In football, on a play like this, he is diving forward and his body is bracing for the landing. As he is bumped by the defenders, his body rotates slightly and he lands on his shoulder. This is how guys get hurt, and to pretend that it is somehow because his body is weak or soft is just wrong.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.25072 seconds with 10 queries