View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 01:04 PM   #8
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: Bruce Allen Thinks Everyone Should Be Judged By Their Record?? Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I'm with you - Redskins organization sunk to bottom after the fiasco with Zorn. I am happy to see where this team is going now and of course, this must lead to winning seasons from now on. If we continue to have losing seasons for next few years then I will jump on Fire Allen bandwagon.
The cap penalty, RG3 debacle, and Shanhan's complete neglect of the defense from a spending perspective skews any evaluation of Allen as a GM based on record.

There are literally a handful of people who know what everyone's role was through all of those.

Having been through the Vinny years, I love the stability we have now.

If fault is the right word, I fault BA for the Kirk situation but as it played out, I'm totally fine not paying him an AAV of 28 mil.

In one of his interviews at the owners meetings he said their approach to FA was to assign a cash value to all free agents and stick to their guns.

They second part of the strategy is to accumulate compensatory picks.

I LOVE THIS PHILOSOPHY despite my knee jerk, window shopping impulses toward high priced talented players.

The notion that Bruce alone is evaluating talent is silly. The Alex Smith trade is a great example. Jay loved him. DW and the personnel dept loved him, BA went out and got him.

I am for staying the course and reaping the benefits that come from continuity.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04558 seconds with 10 queries