View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 04:57 PM   #62
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Alex Smith’s Amazing Comeback(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I think it stems from the fact that after it was known that Alex was going to be out indefinitely, possibly permanently, that he didn't make any attempt to re-negotiate into a more team friendly deal for what was left his player contract. That led to all the ridiculous rumors and some saying that the skins were thinking of doing a Bobby Bonilla-esque contract with Alex.

I think he had no incentive to do so, and i'm not even sure if he was ever asked by the team to consider such a thing. Alex was/is not the first and won't be the last to get paid major money while being sidelined with a career-threatening injury.
A lot of people have been complaining about Alex's contract from the beginning, and use his injury as "validating" their point.

Honestly, re-negotiating a contract like this, is basically kicking the can down the road. I don't know if it would have been smart of the team to do so.

Also, it is my understanding that Alex has been with the team, when he didn't need to. He has also been tutoring Dwayne from what I've heard. I'm not saying that this validates his cap number, but he has been a team player during his rehab, and done things that he didn't need IMO.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06838 seconds with 10 queries