Thread: Lions PG
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 11:56 AM   #46
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Lions PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’d look to spend the Schreff the money on Left Tackle, there are several good ones available, mainly the guy in Green Bay...maybe the Carolina LT could be available. If this wouldn’t work, then go into next season with a plan to use Charles/Lucus at LT. If we could sign one, slide Charles in at left guard and Lucus as the swing tackle.

I think Christian is depth. Wes Martin looks like another wasted oline pick.
Bakhitari (GB) just signed a massive extension. Ravens Stanley signed a massive extension. Those were the 2 big legit all pros worth top dollar. I ma very curious to see what type of cuts have to be made due to the shrinking cap next year.

Crazy thought ..

option 1:

Moses (LT), Martin or FA (LG), Roullier (C), Schweitzer (RG), Scherff (RT)

depth - christain, martin, 2nd to 4th round IOL draftee

option 2:

top 5 draft pick (LT), Schweitzer (LG), Roullier (C), Scherff (RG), Moses (RT)

----------------------------

IM still torn on Scherff. My biggest worry is his durability, I fear once we sign him to a massive 5 year deal his knees will blow out or some linger back injury.

But do we really want to create a new hole when we are trying to patch 2 spots already on the O line?

perfect world .. scherff comes back down to reality and signs a 10-12M per type deal.

Advertisements

Page generated in 2.28734 seconds with 10 queries