View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 08:39 AM   #22
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Redskins Promote Kevin O'Connell To Offensive Coordinator; Matt Cavanaugh Moves To Senior Offensive Assistant

I think if we're truly being honest with ourselves, the offensive scheme was not the major problem last year. I do think there's something to what Cooley was saying; that the runs and the passes don't look alike so fooling defenses on playactions is tricky.

But the main reasons we didn't click were:

- Alex doesn't make anticipation throws. He waits for guys to come open, then he throws it. It results in low turnover numbers but guys would get open and then the window would close before he threw it. His injury hurts, but the reality is we were going to be saddled with disappointing QB play whether he was playing or not. He gave us only one way to win: play dominant defense and hope to eke out a one-score win like we did against Dallas at home.

- When Richardson, Crowder, and Quinn were all hurt we had NOBODY who could gain separation. So even if you schemed the runs and passes to look alike I don't think they would have been open anyway.

I hope O'Connell can scheme up some good stuff and that Jay listens on making the runs and passes look alike. But I don't think we're improving our offensive performance unless we get a QB in there who's willing to let it rip and make some plays, and some WR play that can separate from DBs.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.16503 seconds with 10 queries