View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 11:18 AM   #58
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Funny that you mention Bruce, because you seem to be under the same delusion as he is that we are "close" to something. We're not.

Neither Trent Williams or Alex Smith will be on the team by the time we are ready to compete for anything. The only reason i'm not strongly advocating we trade BOTH of them for whatever we can get is that, I believe Haskins development is THE most important thing for this team right now. We need to find out if he's a franchise QB or not. Smith will help him reach his potential. Trent wont.

And don't give me any BS about how we need an elite LT to protect Trent. We don't. Donald Penn did an excellent job last year at a fraction of the cost. We can resign Penn, another FA, or use the pick we trade TW for to draft someone to protect him at a much, much more reasonable price.
We are within a 2 year window, TW could easily be given a 2 year guaranteed contract with no increase in cap.

That said keeping TW is truly dependent on price vs what we could get in trade. If we get offered a first or second, trade him. If he wants guaranteed top 5 money trade him. But if he is willing to reach a reasonable deal that includes guarantees but not salary inflation, keep him.

As for AS, Ron Rivera was in charge of Cam Newton's growth and maturity from day one, I don'r see ANY benefit to keeping a DS best bud in the ear of Haskins, even if he means no harm.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04775 seconds with 10 queries