View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 07:40 PM   #31
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Post draft breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I have us a 'B' only because there were a couple of players we missed on that I would have liked to get when available like JOK, CB Elijah Molden, TE Tommy Trembel, LB Jabril Cox and WR Jaelon Darden who all slid further than they should have...but I am happy that Rivera had a plan and stuck to it. He watched the tape, so I trust him.

Well, you can't complain with the approach, we filled nearly every need. LB and LT were the most urgent positions and they were filled with potential stars in the league.

LB - Biggest need, potentially GREAT player picked
LT - Starter-quality player. The position is finally fixed post-Trent Williams.
CB - We have 2 solid starters already but lacked depth and a impact slot CB. Got one.
WR - Steal of our draft, made a good WR group one of the deeper in the NFL
TE - Big need for a backup TE. We took a solid, athletic blocking TE that will have a role.
S - Solid depth pick.
LS - We needed one and got one of the best available who could be here 15 years like Sundberg, Better to draft a talented one than look for a re-tread FA.
DE -If Kerrigan's not coming back, we need depth. Took two with good potential.
WR - Let's see what this last pick can do on special teams, we still need an improvement in the return game over Sims, Jr. who won't be making this team with all of the WR depth we have.
Agree overall with your post.

Just to nitpick, I really don't get the thing with JOK. We needed a real do it all/stuff the run LB, we got an athletic stud that can do that, and (not saying you, but you mentioned him) we're gonna complain about not drafting a small hybrid LB that wasn't selected by anybody until late in the 2nd ? Don't get it.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.26606 seconds with 10 queries