View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 02:43 PM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: NFL week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Garrett suspended indefinitely, Pouncey 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game

Pouncey will appeal and if I'm the judge he's not getting more than one game. His quarterback just got slammed in the head with his helmet, he had to retaliate.
I agree in that he needed to defend his qb, but I don't think the NFL will. He could've defended him without kicking and punching.

Just so we're clear, I don't disagree with Pouncey protecting his qb. Just saying the NFL is going to come down harsh on it too to prevent it from reoccurring.

I think Garrett's suspension should be for the end of the year. He doesn't have the track record guys like Burfict have, and I think his apology is on point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Garrett
"Last night, I made a terrible mistake," Garrett said in a statement issued Friday. "I lost my cool and what I did was selfish and unacceptable. I know that we are all responsible for our actions, and I can only prove my true character through my actions moving forward.

"I want to apologize to Mason Rudolph, my teammates, our entire organization, our fans and to the NFL. I know I have to be accountable for what happened, learn from my mistake, and I fully intend to do so."
He owned it, he apologized, he accepted the punishment, and I think the line about proving his true character through his actions moving forward is the best response you can have in a situation like this.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04936 seconds with 10 queries