View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 01:40 PM   #29
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Message board 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
how about not attacking other members of the forum? I simply think respect is something people on this forum need to work on. I know I use to have a huge problem with that in the past.

Also most people don't realize we are very lucky to have mods that tolerate dissent and arguments against themselves. Many boards don't even allow criticism. It just annoys me when people call mod's "nazi's" and especially when these guys are working their asses off for us for us.
Being an asshole has it's place though (said the asshole).

But seriously, if people are cluttering the boards with duplicate threads or starting ridiculous threads, why wait for the mods? There should be a degree of vigilance, everyone should feel free to jump on someone for being a retard. There's an unspoken social aspect to this site, one where nobody wants to feel like the new kid at school who got made fun of for his haircut. In my opinion, mocking definitely has it's place. While the mods can lay down the law, we as members can still reinforce the message. We may not be able to ban or give official reprimands, but we can make people feel silly, that's for darn sure. It's a big site, especially during the season. If you see someone being a retard by starting dup threads or writing illegibly, let them know it. This also sends the message to the general public that we as members stand behind the mods; nobody likes dup threads.

Now, I'm NOT advocating personal attacks. I'm not saying jump all over their religious beliefs or something. Just give 'em what's coming to them. You want to act like a retard, you get treated like a retard. It's that simple.

So if people criticize the mods for being Nazi's, just release the hounds on 'em. The mods, as site administration, can't really come down on idiots the way they like to. When someone starts a dup thread, I get a sense that's almost palpable that Matty is THIS CLOSE to writing a post that says "LOOK AROUND BEFORE YOU POST, RETARD." But he can't do that, so he just links to the other thread and locks it. But believe me, he wants to say it. So, let a non-mod say it for him. He can live vicariously through us.

Don't mean to put words in your mouth, Matty, but that's the way I see it.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06049 seconds with 10 queries