View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 11:10 PM   #53
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I understand that point, but, we'd probably have to trade Chicago picks to take on the contract and salary cap hit. Also, by all accounts, it was Alex Smith who motivated Haskins to stop being a lazy/entitled and start putting in the effort to be an NFL QB.

Lets not forget, his college teammates have all indicated that football is not his life or focus. He did not live and breathe football at Ohio State. Early on in the season, his redskins team mates were shocked he didn't know the playbook. He hadn't bothered to study it because he was butt-hurt that he wasn't the starter. He was chewing out his experienced veteran offensive linemen on the sidelines when he had not done anything to earn their respect himself by putting in the work. And lets not forget selfie-gate. Yes - It happened a while ago, but he recently retweeted it and referenced his love for the fans, so he does not seem to have matured much since then. Rivera benched Cam newton for not wearing a tie on the team plane - how do you think he'd have handled Dwayne missing the last snap to take a selfie? And finally, Haskins wasn't there for Riveras press conference. If Haskins wanted to demonstrate he was all-in on football and wanted to make a good impression, he would have adjusted his vacation plans to be there.

I'm not saying all this to say that Haskins is going to be a bust. I'm just highlighting that we shouldn't allow a couple of games where he showed improvement to make us think he'll automatically continue to develop, progress, and mature. By all appearances, he's going to have a completely new offensive coaching staff and new offensive system. I think it would really, really, help give Haskins the best chance to succeed and become the franchise QB Snyder drafted him to be if we keep his mentor - the guy who he himself credited with his turnaround - on the roster.
Just to understand your two positions on AS and TW. It is better to keep a backup qb with a 20+million cap hit rather than trade him and clear cap because he is besties with the owner and might add something in the qb room, but its not ok to pay 12mil to a top NFL LT that can come in and guard your qb's blind side at a high level.

Something with that logic seems off to me

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06451 seconds with 10 queries