View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 10:08 PM   #731
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

I started this thread and hopefully this post will end it. In the end, there were no trades in the first 10 picks of the 2020 draft. As I thought Cincy held fast with their QB. I think the Redskins indicated that they got one total trade package. I don’t think that formal offer or any informal feelers was anywhere close to what they needed to really consider a trade. It was either Miami with a massive trade package with their #5, #18 and a second rounder or something like that, or nothing.

The interest in Tu was dampened by his injury history and the inability of teams to talk to him by the Coronavirus pandemic. So all the pre-draft dreams of a massive trade offer were just a pipe dream.

The Redskin fed the media the story of being interested in Tua. THAT really lit some fires in the media and Redskins fan sites. It was a complete smoke screen. Rivera was just trying to raise possible offers for our #2 spot. It didn’t work but many fans took it seriously. Miami was never fooled and realized that the two teams ahead of them at #3 & .#4 (Detroit and the N.Y. Giants) had no interest in Tua. So all the theories of big trades were just more hot air.

So, we get Chase and maybe a superstar that this team needs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04723 seconds with 10 queries