View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #354
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Offseason: Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
He was never given a legit shot to return. And the idea he isn't good enough to be at least a backup is ridiculous.
Would Kaep have accepted a backup role in 2017 or 2018? I thought he wanted to be a starter or nothing.

3 surgeries entering the 2016 season, including a shoulder surgery, had lost muscle and weight, was see-sawing with Blaine Gabbert for starts in 2016.

Kyle Shannahan is the new HC in 2017 and said he doesnt fit his scheme.

I just dont think Kaep fit many schemes and teams werent willing to tear everything down to build and mold around his skill set .. bc he was an above average QB, prior to injuries and decrease in his play.

I dont think any team would have signed him as their clear starter in 2017, even if he didnt kneel.

Would he have gotten more opportunities? Yes .. but if he wouldnt consider a back up role .. then he kinda self limited as well.

I think he was black balled a bit .. but if he was a better Qb or not so injured and on the decline, talent trumps and I think he would have gotten a chance.

He was a declining Qb entering 2017, at best was an above average QB at peak.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.11616 seconds with 10 queries