View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 01:21 PM   #53
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Jay Gruden expected to return in 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Just my 2 cents. I am glad Gruden is coming back, this organization solely needs consistency after years of coaches turnovers, and it is evident players love to play for Gruden and current coaches. Yes, Gruden made some mistakes, including ones that might have cost Redskins few games but even good head coaches make mistakes in beginning of their head coach career. We must give Gruden loose leash to let him learn from his mistakes. If Gruden continues to make same mistakes multiple times then it would make sense if we reconsider keeping him. I believe most important thing is we are keeping a team together, playing for each other and coaches. Although it is obvious we have few players who aren't buying in Gruden's strategies; it seems like Breeland is one of those players, it is disappointing because I like him as a player even though he had some games where he was terrible. We must get rid of those players and find ideal replacements via free agency and draft.

Cousin saga continues, I truly hope this off season will be the time where Redskins organization makes a final decision, whether to sign him to a big contract or move on from him. This whole situation is dragging Redskins through mud and needs to be resolved this off season. I personally want Redskins to resign him to multiple years contract, but not at the expense of restricting Redskins from signing other players (our own players and free agents). I say Redskins should make a final best offer this off season; if Cousins and his agent don't accept it then we move on.

Ryan Anderson was invisible this season, although I have faith that he will develop into a player that will contribute next year or so. He just needs time to develop. Look at Preston Smith, he didn't make any impact until later into his late 2nd year. I can see similar development process with Anderson.
I'm assuming Junior won't be brought back and Ryan Anderson will at least get his playing time.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.46402 seconds with 10 queries