View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 08:03 AM   #23
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: NFL Season Predictions 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Ok I was wrong and the team actually got rid of Perrine and Doctson. Then they blew it by not fleecing Houston out of some big draft picks and ending the TW issue.

Anyone who is predicting 9-7 or playoffs is missing our team’s Achilles Heal. The OL is weak and extremely thin. Penn has not made it through the last two seasons without an injury. Penn’s only backup is Christian - who simply is not at the NFL level. He was getting crushed by backup players and beat by backup to the backup players. DT are just salivating for when Penn goes down. Christian is a paper house in a hurricane.

Then we have Flowers. Maybe he gets better but he is going to get beat occasionally or worse. Then they will bring in Martin who has much more upside but is still green.

Teams are going to try to stuff the run, every play. It’s tough to run against 8 in the box. That will force Case Keenum to pass. That means the OL must pass protect with our cobbled - together line. That means Case must not thrown INT or fumble like he did last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The left side of the line with Penn/Flowers should be a solid run line. We should see a lot of back side screens and short outs to negate stacking the box. Honestly, if our RB group wasn't as strong as it looks to be, I might agree with your assessment, but I believe that the Redskins are going to have the ability to get that crease for our RB's, with as a pulling lead guard in Scherff, and if they stack the box, AP and Guice are powerful enough we may see them behind the stack alot. Let that happen a few times, and Case make a few plays with his feet (which he did in Minnesota, behind a worse line) and Defenses will play straight up.

Glad the season is starting, and wish TW was there, but him pulling this stunt after the draft is nearly as bad, and definitely for worse reasons, as Andrew Luck's retirement.

Even had we gotten draft picks, this line is what we have, and TW was SUPPOSED to be a huge fuc**n part of it.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.53051 seconds with 10 queries