View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #54
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

re: Mega-Merge: 2010 Free Agency Rumors and Reports Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I don't think anyone would say we are one piece away from being a consistent contender, and I am not a big advocate of getting Peppers. But, with that said, there is no salary cap this year, that will be a fact in 4 days, and so there is very little in the way of cap math, even if it comes back, no definitive word has been uttered about how 2010 deals would be dealt with. I really wouldn't be surprised to see more of a luxury tax, rather than a hard cap. The proper question to ask when considering any FA player, and especially the big names, is how likely is it that this guy will play all out game in and game out. Is he a baller, or a guy who just wants to get paid. I don't think we can know that answer, but that's where the FO and HC due diligence comes in.
For Peppers, I think he absolutely just wants to get paid, and I would not bring him in at nearly any salary.
I hear ya, yeah it just has generally disgusted me the last 10 years to see guys get grossly over paid here and not perform. We have quite a history, and we all should know now the definition of insanity.

Peppers signing would still signal that continum. I think he wants to get paid and basically will not live up to the contract. To Malcom's point though, I still feel better about Allen and Shanny making the decision rather than the old. Pass given if we do the signing...but seriously lets get some Olinemen and some young running backs...Hail

He Gets Us

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05601 seconds with 10 queries