View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 03:05 PM   #20
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Drafting a guard in the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
That would be awesome! If that were to happen, I think SM would take full advantage of a trade partner.

Here's a thought: What if Mariota is on the board at #5 and we take him?

One more thought: I saw a recent photo of Jameis Winston with his shirt off. He has gained bad weight and looks soft in the middle. Will teams fear that he'll go "Jamarcus Russell" on them, causing Mariota to be drafted before Winston?
I am not a fan of us spending another top 5 pick on another Qb at this time. Plus Martiota looks like a systems guy, and that system is not the pro system we will be running. That would be a mistake for us to take him. He would be another project that is years away if he played in our pro system.
As everyone knows we have basic fundamental needs, OL, DB, Pass rush needs that need to be addressed BEFORE we take yet another Qb high in the draft.
I have a hunch one of our 3 QB's will pan out well enough to get us winning again if surrounded by a good team. Which means patching those huge holes in our starting lineup. i feel like we will get the biggest bang for our buck by getting a RT, OG, FS and CB. That will go along way (farther) then getting Mariotta and watching him get killed behind a terrible O-line. We have to fix the O-line and DBackfield. That is the #1 priority in my opinion.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05095 seconds with 10 queries