Thread: Brunell ...
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 02:09 PM   #14
Phinehas
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711
I think we should be working out a new contract with Ramsey. Not a crazy one, but just somthing that show's him that he is our guy.
I agree. I think Ramsey is important enough to the future of the team to merrit the FO going the extra mile to make sure that he doesn't feel like we are taking advantage of him. Even if he hasn't won the starting job by default (contrary to what his agent might like everyone to believe), he has certainly shown he has much more talent, toughness, and heart than anyone recognized at the time of his original contract signing. So, while I wouldn't want to see the team suffer additional salary cap woes as a result, if we can somehow eek out enough cap space to throw him a bone, I think doing so would be a good idea.

This sort of deal might explain the mixed messages we keep getting from Sexton and Ramsey regarding Ramsey's desire for a trade. Sexton is talking about a trade to get leverage for some sort of contract renegotiation while Ramsey is reassuring the fans that he really does want to stay here in DC as a Redskin under Joe Gibbs.

At least, that's what I'm hoping.

--Phin
Phinehas is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.02571 seconds with 10 queries