Thread: Brunell ...
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 02:23 PM   #15
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Drkstar:

You are absolutely correct about Ramsey's contract and the fact that he should honor it to the same extent the Redskins should honor it and have the paychecks delivered on time. I agree with you here.

Now just for fun, let me spin this from Ramesy's and Sexton's point of view:

Mr. Snyder, after you drafted my client with your first pick in the draft, you lowballed him and fiddled around so that we could not have a contract to get him into training camp on time. Remember, the NFL won't allow a player in camp without a contract so we weren't holding out; your stalling kept him out. You tried to trade my client to the Bears, but then you had a look at the sorry-armed QBs you had on the roster and decided you needed my client.

But the only way to get a deal done with you was to take incentive clauses and so we did. And we filled in for your team when needed in both of the last two years and took a beating for your team. And now, just when it looks like we might be able to cash in and collect some of the money in that incentive contract you demanded, you take that money and give it to a guy from Jax who has never done anything for this team.

You expect loyalty and full time commitment from your players. My client gives you that. But all you do is talk about commitment to my client. Every time it comes to forking over the "long green" you seem to be committed to something else.

Now, let's talk about a new deal for my client that is cap friendly but includes an nice signing bonus that he can put in the bank today. Remember, he will be a free agent in two more seasons and if he can't get a signing bonus OR some incentive money here, he will definitely be looking to get that somewhere else in 2 years...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04082 seconds with 10 queries