View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 10:54 AM   #23
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Fox flashed a graphic during the Giants game that said a lot. In his first few games his average time from snap to release was 3.0 seconds. In his first few starts it was 2.9. And in the last three it was 2.6 seconds. We can’t know who on the coaching staff helped him get there, I’d say it was everybody. Callahan set a tone on the whole team for more work ethic. O’Connell and Cavanaugh surely played a role. Haskins got better with adjusting protections. And then the external factors helped, the rookie WRs definitely all took steps forward and it didn’t hurt that the Lions Eagles and Giants all have terrible defenses.

But the important thing is you could see definite progression in the mental aspects. He adjusted protection well during pre snap reads. And he moved through the progressions well - I think in some cases his first read was just open more often because the Eagles and Giants can’t cover - but in other cases his eyes moved from first read to second read to check down pretty quickly. The sack numbers came down big time and his time from snap to release quickened.

It says he can make progress. His QBR the last few games was 58 out of 100. I think we have to find out what we have in him. I don’t think we’ll have to make a choice on Burrows, he’ll be gone, but either way there’s enough progress with Haskins to think we have some hope.

Let’s put some players around him, and some genuine defensive support through a better defensive scheme, and see where we can go.
They were clearly building the scheme on the fly after Gruden left. I agree that we saw clear growth once he was named the starter for the season and the coaching staff put their efforts into his training. I am excited to see what he can do with a full offseason where the coach and scheme is designed for his strengths and our young receiving corp.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04819 seconds with 10 queries