View Single Post
Old 12-22-2022, 05:03 PM   #137
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Chase Young to reserve/PUP list; out at least first four games

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I'm expecting a lot of freelancing trying to make a splash play instead of playing within the system,that's what I'm expecting,matybe he'll get lucky and actually make a play and get us a td,would be nice to make a Micah Parsons type play
I totally understand your expectations, and I get where you're coming from, but I'm not as down on him as you and others. He had a pretty solid rookie year, and the defense was pretty good overall that year, albeit against a few backup QBs - but still pretty solid and he had a major part in that.

The whole defense was pretty suspect, front to back, last year, and he was a part of the problem for sure before he got hurt. Was he trying to do too much or freelancing? Yeah, but he was in year two of his NFL career and coming off being DROY, so I am willing to give him a pass, being young and touted as this generational talent, etc. Hopefully he has taken this opportunity (not playing/rehabbing) to learn and humble himself.

First things first, he has to get over the injury mentally. If he can do that, trust the process, trust that he's healthy, use his immense talents playing within the system as you say, he'll be fine and the defense will be better for it. If he learned nothing and wants to freelance and do his own thing, then I expect J Smith-Williams to get the bulk of the reps.

Like I said, I don't have high expectations this week, but he could be a major factor closing out the season, and in the playoffs should we be fortunate enough to make it.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06074 seconds with 10 queries