View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 10:07 AM   #15
rocnrik
Playmaker

Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Kirks interview post deadline was very revealing..He said it was not even about the MONEY! now if we are to believe he is a stand up guy and tells the truth( which I believe) then He at this point does not want to commit to the Redskins LONG TERM because of other factors..in my opinion these are the factors..Owner and front office, new O coordinator, New WR group, overall negative vibe that surrounds this team.. IF we are to believe Cousins then IF the new WR group is productive and He gels with the New Cordinator then those factors are okay..

There is a huge question about his relationship with Front office which is the REAL reason there is no deal. I am starting to believe that Allen should be gone and that would go a long way to keeping Kirk..the ONLY positive side to this is that Cousins has 1 more year to step up and remove any doubt about his worth to likely become the highest paid Qb in league..And that is where I side with the Skins ..Im not sure he is the LONG TERM answer .YES He is way better than anybody else on our roster but a top 10 QB ..? Do you guys really believe He is a top 10 QB and can lead us to a super bowl? lets say he got signed to the BIG DEAL and due to many factors his play falls off and we miss playoffs then you would hear ..We should have NEVER signed him to that deal.

I'm telling you That those choke moments in the must win games last year plays a huge part in all of this..How many of you watching the Giants game knew when He had that pick it would come back and haunt him. I did for sure. and at that moment I questioned if he was the answer long term. We don't need a 7-9,9-7 type team every season. CAN Cousins be the QB to win 10 plus games every year with changing skill players around him..IF not then He is a mid pack serviceable type QB who does not need to be overpaid..I still say he does not Strike fear in opposing teams Def. We need a game changing QB ..they are few and far between. BUT if we hitch the wagon to Cousins and he does not step up then what? I myself can't take 8-8 seasons and missing playoffs I would just as soon go 4 -12 and get a top Pick and move on to really have chance at a Franchise QB. there are many ways to look at this Glass half full or half empty is where this team is at.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04863 seconds with 10 queries