View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 04:49 PM   #141
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennskinsfan View Post
I’ve had a slow week so far at work with the weather going on. So I had some time to nerd out on some numbers. I’ll be the first to say I was diss appointed in Manusky at as the season progressed, but since we have him for another year I decided to look at the numbers.

I’ve split the season up into 2 groups. Pre Alex Injury and after.

Time of possession per game avg:
Week 1-11 31:24
Week 12-17 26:40

Rushing yards against per game avg
Week 1-11 95.7
Week 12-17 150
Season 116.25

Our defense was crushing the run game early. We held our first 8 teams below there season avg of rushing yards per game. Took some lumps in Atlanta (55yds)and then barely missed keeping Tampa (7) and Houston (12) under their avg.

Then Alex injury happened and our offense couldn’t stay on the field. Our defense had to do everything (aside from JJ’s 2 good games) and the rush yards added up.

I realize stats aren’t everything, but it helps seeing as how we’re stuck with Manusky. I am a little curious to the whatif Alex had stayed healthy. We wouldn’t be in the Super Bowl but would our defense have ended on such a sour note?

Overal I have to say I’m starting to like the moves they are making.
I think a little better breakdown is required on the D, because IIRC we peaked from weeks 6-8 when we held Christian McCaffrey, Zeke, and Saquon Barkley wayyyy under their weekly averages. Then Tevin Coleman exploded on us for 150+ combined yards and a pair of td's in the Falcons blowout, then the TB game was an outlier as Fitzpatrick threw for 400 but we held them to a field goal on like 4-5 red zone trips. And then our season fell apart against the Texans.

So it wasn't a matter of "once Alex went down, our D went with it." Our D was falling apart before Alex went down. And there weren't any obvious injuries we could point to as the culprit.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.59771 seconds with 10 queries