View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 01:15 PM   #74
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: In memory of our REDSKINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I'll have to disagree to me a lot of this is on Dan. In business attitude matters. If you are good at what you do and an asshole people will tolerate it to an extent but they would rather have someone who might have a bit less talent but brings a quality workplace environment. Dan does none of those. He drove away the casual fans through myriad of decisions, suing old ladies, suing the City Paper, shoddy product and overall piss poor attitude. When asked about a name change we all know how he reacted in 2013. Instead of being a business man about it and identifying support for the name and the positives it brings. Eventually he does create the Original American's Foundation but they do such a shit job of marketing it even with the teams media.

He is a bad business partner. NFL owners that used to defend the name because the Redskins were a quality product and thus improved their bottom line began to not support the name. The minority owners tried to sell their shares but they couldn't find someone to take shares of one of the most valuable franchises in the world. They did what they needed to to get out of a toxic environment and I cannot blame them for this.

Dan has repeatedly been given gifts in regards to the name polls showing that Native American's don't find it offensive, that the word that resonates with the logo is "proud" by Native Americans and a Supreme Court decision that says bans on trademarks with offensive language are illegal. Each one of those incidents he handled like an ass hat in the team response.

I do think change was inevitable it is hard to have a team maintained with a word that is defined as a slur, but if he was a good business owner and partner the franchise name would still have had support.
Reposting just because this is so on point. Great post dude.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.34923 seconds with 10 queries