View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 11:22 AM   #467
Warthog
The Starter

Ron Rivera Thread

Rivera has a very good record and went to the SB. It remains to see how he will do here in Washington but I am optimistic.

The BIGGEST change that he has already been made was to FORCE owner Dan Snyder to make many concessions before Rivera would even be INTERVIEWED. Snyder had to give up his prior meddling in the team’s affairs, any inputs into personnel decision-making and using a proxy GM like Allen and Cerrato to do his bidding regarding football operations. All that is gone. I doubt any future HC will want anything less from Snyder.

The name change issue and the allegations of sexual harassment within the organization have made Snyder even more dependent on Rivera to fix the the many, many problems of this franchise. Snyder needs Rivera MUCH MORE than the reverse.

If Rivera is successful as the HC, it will increase his power in the organization even more. Dan Snyder needs either to sell the team or just STFU and let NFL-savvy people like Rivera to run ALL the operations there. Everything Snyder has touched in his 20-year tenure as owner has gone to absolute shitte. He’s lucky to get a real achiever like Rivera onboard. This team can only go up with Rivera. Not only because he’s a real true-believer in a good football culture, but also because Snyder can not continue to hurt the team with his meddlesome and harmful interference in the team’s personnel decisions or daily operations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 08-03-2020 at 10:20 PM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05172 seconds with 10 queries