Thread: USC Fans.
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 08:13 PM   #13
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Daseal:

If I use your logic, Mark Rypien is a better QB than Dan Marino or Jim Kelly or Fran Tarkenton because he won a Super Bowl and they didn't. Sorry, if you believe that, you are really going to be an unhappy camper every time you visit the HoF because those three will be enshrined and Rypien will not.

Clarett is a good RB but not a great one. He reminds me more of ron Dayne than anyone else - same size, same running style but not as fast as Dayne who was a sprinter in HS. I would not take Clarett until the mid-rounds and now that he showed up at the combine not physically ready to work out, I'd drop him a round to about the 4th or 5th round. I'm beginning to smell a "headcase" here and I'd prefer not to have one more in the locker room.

Williams is a talent and has demonstrated a solid work ethic and he has yet to behave in such a way as to indicate that he is a pampered bonehead of an athlete. (For example, he has not filed a false police report to try to scam an insurance company while driving a car "loaned" to him by a booster.) I do not want the Redskins to take Williams because WR is not their area of need, but I suspect he will go a lot higher than Maruice Clarett and I suspect he will have a much bigger impact that Clarett.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03783 seconds with 10 queries