View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 11:36 PM   #56
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Dunbar demanding trade or release

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
While I agree with you , I will give you a little something . Two years ago , when The Skins decided to not pick up the option on J. Doctson ( WR ) , we were at a party with a guy who worked with the Skins Med/Training staff . After a few cold ones , he finally answered us about Doctson . His reply …. biggest crybaby he had been around at NFL level . Next biggest crybaby … Dunbar . Maybe he is not really ready for camp RR / Del Rio ?

Difference between Doctson and Dunbar was that Doctson was a total draft bust, and he was a first round draft pick at that. Not even sure if he’s in the NFL at all. He was drafted high and just never came close to filling his potential.

Dunbar was an unheard of Undrafted Free Agent (UDFA) who started as a WR. Then Gruden had him switch to CB. Dunbar has improved every season and is now the second or third best CB in the NFL. He’s got one season left on his contract. No guaranteed money, so if he gets hurt, he gets nothing. So I see where he’s coming from. There have been so many injuries on this team, including some really bad one like Alex Smith, so I can understand an outstanding player like Dunbar worried about getting hurt before he gets a new, big contract for his level of play.

Get him in a good contract with guaranteed money and let’s move down the road. He’s going to be one of the cornerstones (no pun intended!) of the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.08655 seconds with 10 queries