View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 07:11 PM   #33
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Alex Smith’s Amazing Comeback(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Smith will never play another snap, but wont retire until this guaranteed money isnt coming in. To think otherwise is ridiculous. Hind sight is always 20/20...the contract seemed a bit much just because of the guaranteed money....but a team that needs a qb will do that. The injury was unforeseen, and the only real reason anyone is upset about the contract (now). We knew it would handcuff us, but we expected to have a game manager that we could start building other parts of the roster up. Obviously we were drafting heavily on the defensive side. I believe this was all part of a plan. The injury throws the whole equation off. But to think that Smith is going to play again is absurd. I agree with sunny. Both sides are doing exactly what they have to right now in this situation. Retiring on his side would be nonsensical, and cutting him would be nonsensical. You can really tell it's the slow part of the season with threads like this.
I don't mean any disrespect to you, but what makes you know for certain that Smith never plays again? Cooley talks about him all the time and has said several times that he does believe that Alex Smith will be playing somewhere this coming season.

I think his comeback from where he went from nearly losing his leg, to nearly dying from infection, to get back to being able to walk without a cane, and then from there, go back to working out on a football field again, running, throwing, dropping back etc., is nothing short of miraculous. He for sure has a warriors' heart and for someone to not give the man a fair chance to tryout / workout would be cruel when you think of how much Alex wants it himself, and how far he has came. If Alex is aware of all of the risks which i'm sure he is, it's his life if he wants to do it. If he gets a fair medical evaluation and someone signs off on him, i think he deserves the chance.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.92666 seconds with 10 queries