View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #66
Warthog
The Starter

Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
We don’t need to draft another injured player or one with a serious injury history. After the last two seasons did we not learn anything?

Chase Young is the choice.

Haskins improved over his rookie season. He started with a disastrous first game and then got better every game. His last two games were outstanding. He showed the POTENTIAL to be our franchise QB. We will know a lot more about him this season when:

1. OL is stabilized by resigning Scherff, Flowers and maybe Trent Williams. I’m sure they will draft for the OT. Martins progressed and will either be a very good backup or a good starter. BL - the OL will be much better than last year.

2. We will sign either Hooper or Henry in FA for top dollar ($10-11 mill/yr). I think the team will use there third round draft pick (#66) for a TE. BL - the TE position will be improved greatly over last year. This will help Haskins in the Red Zone.

3. Not sure what the team will do for WR #2. Rumors of Cooper ($20 mill/yr) which I think are smoke and mirrors. I think the team will draft for a WR, versus using FA. But they may hire a older WR for a short contract. BL - WR will be better because our rookies will be more experienced. We may get a speedster in the draft or FA to compete with Harmon.

4. Besides the filling the TE black hole, the biggest improvement for Haskins will be the OC, Scott Turner. Scott is green, but he will change the Redskins offense using passing-heavy schemes with our rejuvenated WR & TE. KOC may improve under McVay, but he operated a run-intense offense that was very predictable AND ineffective. That’s why we were the WORST offense in the NFL. We ran on first down something like 80% of the time. Scott Turner will bring this offense into the 21st century. This can only help Haskins.

So with all these improvements we will see whether Haskins has the juice to be our franchise QB or not. There can be no excuses. He either improves steadily as he did last season, or he doesn’t. I think he will get better as he gains more experience. I think he could be the long-term QB we have long waited for. But we’ll know more this season.

BTW, the Tua talk is just more smoke generated by the Redskins to see what offers they can get at their #2 pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05429 seconds with 10 queries