View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 06:58 AM   #151
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Why Hasn't Anyone Talked About-A Possible Cancellation?

I think you have to treat each sport separately. NFL rosters, especially before any cuts, coaching staff and key auxiliary staff are going to total in the region of 150 people. A tennis player and their staff total less than 10. A typical football team anywhere in the world will be 25-50 players and key staff. Each must take measures to reduce the risk of infection when a) training and b) competing. No spectators means different costs etc. too albeit comparable. I expect training camps to be locked down with little or no traffic onto and off campus, not to mention a testing regime. And everyone involved will be expected to keep their families, if not isolated, firmly sticking to social distancing. With the right controls in place starting up again is entirely feasible but needs close control.

Everyone has to realise they have to follow the rules with no exceptions; one exception risks infecting and potentially bringing down the whole team (I don't mean death, though it's a possibility, but everyone infected going into enforced isolation or even ICU could halt a team in it's tracks). We know sportsmen are not the most disciplined off the field so it's a big ask for them to follow this completely...
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.18836 seconds with 10 queries