View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #18
calia
Playmaker

Re: NFL Referee Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I will take the dissenting opinion and side with the referees. It isn't an easy job. They are on field level, not watching a TV on a couch. There are 7 guys watching 22 men, who often are obstructing their view and moving quickly. Almost every call is subjective, what is holding, what is illegal use of hands, what is pass interference?

As soon as the NFL decided in the mid 70's to make the game more friendly to the offense calling games was no longer cut and dry. Believe it or not holding used to be easy to call, so was pass interference. The rules and their interpretations are constantly changing now. Anyone notice the new onside kick rules? The chances of a successful onside kick recovery is close to nil.Try to put yourselves in the refs shoes. Every year they have to relearn their job top to bottom. That can't be easy. I blame the NFL for the poor officiating, not the zebras.

I would add that we are sitting watching close ups in slow motion and high def. We have a better vantage point than the refs.

Having said that, they’re not off the hook and there have been awful calls week in and week out and it does feel like it’s gotten worse. And the flags do not seem equitably distributed - whether intentional or not, it causes folks to question objectivity, which is a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.29408 seconds with 10 queries