View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #49
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Trade Deadline Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
by their logic, if we didn't keep him it doesn't matter, and if the player wasn't so great that we were willing to pay any price for a second contract for a 2nd or 3rd rounder than the FO missed on that pick.
I am not going back to go through a pick by pick analysis of every draft after the disaster that was 2012. With that said, however, the team seems to me to be creating a solid base of young players and, when the time for 2nd contracts come around, picking and choosing their players. We let Long, Breeland, and Murphy walk, but kept Moses and extended Dunbar. We have also been proactive in keeping certain players - the aforementioned Dunbar, C. Thomas, and Reed were all extended at reasonable costs.

[A note about Anderson for the haters, in limited snaps against Dallas, he had a sack, solo tackle, and 2 QB hits. While not a world-beater, he does seem to be trending up.]

Our drafts since 2013 have landed us several quality players beyond the first three rounds (Ioaniddas, Nicholson, Roullier, Crowder).

True, in some cases, hindsight has demonstrated that better players were available at each of our selections. However, in many cases, I suspect the reverse was just as true.

Since 2013, we have drafted solidly if not spectacularly. Just an opinion, feel free to disprove me through a pick by pick analysis that isn't JUST based on hindsight.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.87131 seconds with 10 queries