View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 10:22 AM   #56
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
For me, Alex Smith is a far better human being and team mate. He will have more to do with the long-term success of our franchise through his mentorship of Haskins. He has no trade value. In fact, we would probably have to trade valuable draft picks to a team just to take him.

Trent is a complete POS. He will want a new deal with more guaranteed money before playing and its financially stupid to give a player with his age, injury & suspension history, and off-field drama more money. Despite this, he actually has substantially more trade value than Smith.

There's an 8M cap difference between the two players. But trading away picks with smith means spending more in FA $ on players. On the flip side, trading Trent and receiving picks means we'd spend less in FA on other players, so that would eat into that 8M difference. Given everything else, I'll take Smith over Trent 100 times out of 100.

That said, in reality, one does not necessarily affect the other.
Trent has more trade value because he is an elite player at a critical position and everyone in the league knows BA was an ass. Keeping TW and trading AS would do far more good for our team in 2020 then vice versa, but keeping both would be good as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.08711 seconds with 10 queries