View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 04:09 PM   #15
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Top Stories Going Into Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
This may be an unpopular opinion but it's mine. For me it comes down to knowing where you're at as an organization. These camp battles should be about getting as many young guys on the field as possible. That means so long AP. Guice is my starter, Perine, CT and #34 can back him up. Good bye Josh Norman, you're gone anyway next year so might as well try and get a draft pick for ya. I want to see more of the kid from JMU. Keenum and Colt can split the 2nd team reps. #7 gets all the 1st team reps so he can make improvement so he can get ready for week one. Mason Foster thanks for the below average memories but Dion Hamilton, Harvey Clemons and Holcolmn are getting as many reps as possible. Doc we already know what you are. Insert the rookies, 2nd year Sims w/ Gruden's new pet in the slot.

I'm tired of having a team that has a max of 9 wins. What's the point? Bruce says we're close. To what? A Wild Card and go home? I'd rather get these young guys out there and win 4 or 5 game and have draft pick capital for next year. Why keep trying to win 8 or 9 games every year? We're a tread water type of organization. Keep your head above water, just do enough to keep your jobs.

I'm not sure it's an unpopular opinion.
Sheehan was advocating for the blow it up strategy earlier this offseason.

But for me the thing is:

A) I don't think it's realistic, especially not with this franchise, and not this year, people's jobs are on the line, they're going to do whatever gives them the best chance to win now

B) I'm not sure it really works that way, I'd say teams that build sustained success try to win year in and year out, and do a good job of drafting with their late round picks rather than hoping for the one high draft pick that's going to turn their roster around

C) I feel like it'd be extremely hard to build a winning culture in a locker room if the players had the feeling the coaching staff and front office guys were not trying to win with everything they got. I mean these guys are not doing politics, they're going onto the field, putting their bodies on the line, to win. Plus a football season is a long period of time to go through, with the media pressure surrounding you and all... I just don't see a winning culture growing thanks to a losing season supposingly being better for the long term future

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04553 seconds with 10 queries